Header Ads

Breaking News

Teenage Bournemouth fan gets three-year stadium ban for racist abuse | Football


A 17-year-old Bournemouth fan has been banned from attending football matches for three years after pleading guilty to chanting racist abuse.

The Metropolitan police said that the teenager, who cannot be named, pleaded guilty to indecent/racial chanting during a football match between Tottenham and Bournemouth on 30 November last year when he appeared at Highbury Corner magistrates’ on Tuesday. In addition to the three-year banning order, he was fined £55 plus a £21 surcharge.

Inspector Matt Ashmead from the Met’s public order investigation team said: “We take all reports of racism very seriously and as this case demonstrates, will take robust action against those who are found to have committed these kinds of crimes during football matches.

“The vast majority of fans obey the law and neither they nor the players should have to listen to any kind of abuse.

“We are committed to working closely with clubs to identify anyone acting against the law and would ask anyone who sees or hears this type of behaviour to come forward to stewards or police.”

Source link

No comments