Header Ads

Breaking News

Buffalo Wild Wings Manager Dies After Chemical Incident


The man who died, Ryan Baldera, 32, was the restaurant’s general manager, said Paul Sagarino Jr., the town administrator of Burlington. A cause of death was not available on Friday, though the authorities said that Mr. Baldera, a Lawrence, Mass., resident, became ill after inhaling the fumes from the mixture.

The other 13 people who sought hospital treatment for difficulty breathing and burning of the eyes on Thursday night were released by Friday morning, the authorities said.

Ron Robert, a sports radio host who knew Mr. Baldera from working in the restaurant business, said Mr. Baldera had recently become a father.

“One of the nicest guys you could ever meet,” Mr. Robert said. “What a horrible situation.”

Mr. Robert said it would have been in Mr. Baldera’s nature to stay behind and make sure the restaurant had been evacuated. “Ryan did the right thing, except he didn’t get out,” he said.

Further details about the restaurant’s evacuation were not immediately available. The restaurant chain did not respond to questions about whether it planned to review its cleaning products and procedures.

Mr. Baldera grew up in Methuen, Mass., about 20 miles north of Burlington and was the captain of the track team at Methuen High School, Roger Fuller, who was the coach at the time, said on Friday.

He said he had convinced Mr. Baldera to run the first leg of the 800-meter relay, in addition to Mr. Baldera’s specialty, which was the hurdles. Mr. Baldera also played football.

“He was a great captain,” Mr. Fuller said, adding, “He was no doubt a leader from day one.”


Source link

No comments